1.3.0 RC2

Grant Ingersoll-2
Is available at http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/solr/1.3-RC2/

I've included the signatures this time.  If you want to download the
whole directory, you can get solr.tar

As always, let me know any issues, etc.  Later today I will let solr-
user know about RC2.

-Grant

Re: 1.3.0 RC2

Yonik Seeley-2
We will need another build that incorporates SOLR-755, but people
should keep testing / evaluation this current release candidate.

Actually, it's not quite a release candidate, because we wouldn't
release it as is because it's built as a release candidate (RC2 is in
all the metadata).  Perhaps in the future we should make release
candidates as we would the final build and then actually use the last
one?

Our simple "example" is filling up a little more... do we really need
the very special purpose exampleAnalysis directory?  Seems like
instructions in the documentation or on a wiki page would be more
appropriate.

CHANGES.txt starts with "Apache Solr Version 1.3-dev"... should be 1.3.0 or 1.3

It looks like all of the "client" directory is now included...
including "python" which we don't even know works with trunk.  Also,
should "ruby" be included and is it in shape to do so (I assume Erik
or Koji would need to verify that part of the release), and does it's
release structure look OK (not too much or too little included, etc)?

-Yonik

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is available at http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/solr/1.3-RC2/
>
> I've included the signatures this time.  If you want to download the whole
> directory, you can get solr.tar
>
> As always, let me know any issues, etc.  Later today I will let solr-user
> know about RC2.
>
> -Grant

Re: 1.3.0 RC2

Koji Sekiguchi
 > It looks like all of the "client" directory is now included...

This is true after SOLR-510 was resolved.

 > including "python" which we don't even know works with trunk.  Also,

If we need to remove python client from release,
we could reopen SOLR-510 and test the patch:

-        includes="LICENSE.txt NOTICE.txt *.txt *.xml lib/** src/**
example/** client/**"
+        includes="LICENSE.txt NOTICE.txt *.txt *.xml lib/** src/**
example/** client/java/** client/ruby/**"

 > should "ruby" be included and is it in shape to do so (I assume Erik
 > or Koji would need to verify that part of the release), and does it's
 > release structure look OK (not too much or too little included, etc)?

I'd verified that "rake test" under branch-1.3/client/ruby/solr-ruby
successfully done, but I have not tested flare.
Regarding release structure, I don't have much time to look into details...
I'd like to hear comment from Erik :-)

Koji

Re: 1.3.0 RC2

Grant Ingersoll-2

On Sep 5, 2008, at 5:47 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> We will need another build that incorporates SOLR-755, but people
> should keep testing / evaluation this current release candidate.
>
> Actually, it's not quite a release candidate, because we wouldn't
> release it as is because it's built as a release candidate (RC2 is in
> all the metadata).  Perhaps in the future we should make release
> candidates as we would the final build and then actually use the last
> one?

I figured I would create the "final" one once we were there, which I
am hoping is the next one.   I think we can leave it up to the RM to
decide what they feel is easiest for them.

> Our simple "example" is filling up a little more... do we really need
> the very special purpose exampleAnalysis directory?  Seems like
> instructions in the documentation or on a wiki page would be more
> appropriate.

The docs are slightly different.  We could consider having separate
examples, or just doing it on the wiki page.  I doubt the AnalysisRH
is used by many.

> CHANGES.txt starts with "Apache Solr Version 1.3-dev"... should be
> 1.3.0 or 1.3
>
> It looks like all of the "client" directory is now included...
> including "python" which we don't even know works with trunk.  Also,
> should "ruby" be included and is it in shape to do so (I assume Erik
> or Koji would need to verify that part of the release), and does it's
> release structure look OK (not too much or too little included, etc)?
>
> -Yonik
>
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Grant Ingersoll
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is available at http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/solr/1.3-RC2/
>>
>> I've included the signatures this time.  If you want to download
>> the whole
>> directory, you can get solr.tar
>>
>> As always, let me know any issues, etc.  Later today I will let
>> solr-user
>> know about RC2.
>>
>> -Grant

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Lucene Helpful Hints:

Re: 1.3.0 RC2

Grant Ingersoll-2
I will create RC3/1.3.0 (leaning towards 1.3.0 and calling the vote)
today or tomorrow.

-Grant