2020-03 Committer virtual meeting

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Hello fellow committers,

I'd like to organize another virtual Lucene/Solr committer meeting this month.  I created a meeting notes page in confluence here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/2020-03+Meeting+notes
It has some topics I'd like to talk about and I'm hoping others might add to the tentative agenda as well.  Maybe we'll keep it to an hour this time; last time it was 95 minutes.

When exactly is this?:  Next week sometime. I'm using a "Doodle poll" to determine an optimal time slot.  For the link to the poll, go to the ASF Slack, #lucene-dev channel, and you will see it.  You could also email me directly for it.

For this virtual committer meeting and future ones:
  • This is in the spirit of committer meetings co-located with conferences.  ASF policy says that no "decisions" can be made in such a venue.  We make decisions on this dev list and indirectly via JIRA out in the open and with the opportunity for anyone to comment.
  • Who:  Committer-only or by invitation
  • Video chat with option of audio dial-in.  This time I will use Google Hangout.
  • Recorded for those invited only.  I'll dispose of the recording a week after.  The intention is for those who cannot be there due to a scheduling conflict to see/hear what was said.  I have the ability to do this recording via Salesforce's G-Suite subscription.
  • Published notes:  I (or someone) will take written meeting notes that are ultimately published for anyone to see (not restricted to those invited).  They will be transmitted to the dev list.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

~ David Smiley

~ David Smiley