8.1.2 Release

Jeff
In the mailarchives there is a thread around  12 June - 28 June that talks about creating a 8.1.2 release to fix several bugs in the 8.1.x release. This is also mentioned in the release notes for 8.2.0 https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_2_0/changes/Changes.html

Strangely though, I cannot seem to find the build for 8.1.2 in the build archives https://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/ Does anyone know where this ended up? If there was a reason this build was not generated/uploaded?

Re: 8.1.2 Release

Jeff
Nvmd, I found the follow on email that states that the changes will instead go into 8.2.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:13 AM Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the mailarchives there is a thread around  12 June - 28 June that talks about creating a 8.1.2 release to fix several bugs in the 8.1.x release. This is also mentioned in the release notes for 8.2.0 https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_2_0/changes/Changes.html

Strangely though, I cannot seem to find the build for 8.1.2 in the build archives https://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/ Does anyone know where this ended up? If there was a reason this build was not generated/uploaded?

Re: 8.1.2 Release

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
If this happens again, we'll have to be more careful in the release process to not falsely suggest there was an earlier release.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer