8.6.1 Release

123

Re: 8.6.1 Release

Houston Putman
Thanks for volunteering David, I missed that.

I have a patch for the backwards incompatibility that caused the 8.6.1 RC1 to fail, if anyone wants to give input.
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1716

- Houston

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 12:38 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI I volunteered to do the docker 8.6.1 release already: https://github.com/docker-solr/docker-solr/issues/328#issuecomment-666494362

I recommend other committers interested in docker "Watch" that repo, just as you probably do for lucene-solr.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:49 PM Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Its a manual process, but there are scripts available in the docker-solr repo to do it.

The releases also have to be verified by the docker folks, but i think that goes pretty quickly.

Ill make sure to get that process kicked off whenever the release gets cemented.

- Houston

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 6:13 PM Marcus Eagan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I agree with Ishan on the need for the Docker image check. It’s an additional burden but most people are deploying Solr as a container these days.

Marcus

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 13:18 Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
For some reason, 8.6.0 docker images are not generated and pushed. After the 8.6.1 release, can we ensure that the docker images are pushed? Any idea how does that happen, generally?
Can we add this as a step in the release process please?

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 2:47 AM Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
The first RC has been pushed and the vote has been started.

Release note drafts can be found here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/ReleaseNote861

- Houston

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:51 AM Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, I'm finalizing the 8.6.1 release, so please do not push any commits unless there is a large bug we have not yet identified.

I'll be sending out the RC1 later today.

- Houston

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:41 AM Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
This seems like a patch release for targeting a specific blocking issue in 8.6. 8.7 would seem over arching?

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 at 20:33, Houston Putman <[hidden email]> wrote:
I started the process last night. Is there a reason why you want this to make it into 8.6.1 and not 8.7?

- Houston

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 8:13 AM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can I cherry-pick SOLR-14634: Limit the HTTP security headers to
"/solr" end point ?

if the build is not already made?