8.8 Release

123

8.8 Release

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Hi Devs,
There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
Thanks and regards,
Ishan

Adrien

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)

if anyone has some time next week perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

Christine

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
Thanks Ishan for volunteering

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 5:07 AM Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/
LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Houston Putman
Thanks for volunteering Ishan.

I think it might be a good idea to wait to cut and release 8.8 at least a week into January. Many people are going to be away during the holiday season, and particularly the last week of the year. Pushing into January just gives more people a chance to look at the release and be involved.

- Houston

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Timothy Potter
Great point Houston! +1 on waiting until a week into January

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Sure, Houston. I'll wait another week. Have a good new year and merry Christmas!

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Bruno Roustant
+1 Thanks for volunteering

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Alessandro Benedetti
+1 Thanks Ishan for volunteering, much appreciated!
--------------------------
Alessandro Benedetti

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

---------------
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io

Re: 8.8 Release

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Happy New Year!

I was supposed to start the process tomorrow, but I think we're not ready yet? I see SOLR-15052 still under review with intention of inclusion into 8.8.
Would it be reasonable to cut the release branch end of this week and start the RC process around 13th January?
If there are any issues someone would want me to wait on, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ishan

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

David Smiley
Happy New Year!
I would much prefer that ensure 8.8 includes SOLR-14923 (a bad nested docs performance issue)

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Timothy Potter
Thanks for following up on this Ishan ... I intend to get SOLR-15059 and -15036 into 8.8 as well. I should have a proper PR up for SOLR-15036 by Friday sometime, which seems to align with other's timeframes

Cheers,
Tim

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
I think all the issues mentioned above are in the branch, except SOLR-15036. Tim, I'll cut a branch once that is in, latest by Wednesday AM (USA time).
Thanks,
Ishan

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Timothy Potter
15036 will be in later today, so you can plan to cut this evening US time or tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tim

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Thanks Tim!

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Timothy Potter
Fix is in branch_8x and master now, sorry for the delay ;-)

Cheers,
Tim

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

David Smiley
Christine hasn't posted the fix yet but I'd guess there's a user work-around so the issue isn't pressing I suppose.

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 8.8 Release

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Thanks Tim. I've now cut the branch for 8.8.
@David, let's get the fix in for the release.

LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)
>
> if anyone has some time next week perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Christine
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/10/20 18:01:58
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: 8.8 Release
>
> +1
>
> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering!
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile