A Nutch config editor...

Dominik Friedrich
... is available here:
http://home.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/~positron/nutchclient.rar. To use it
just start the nutchclient.exe, create a new Nutch project and
double-click on the nutch-default.xml. The editor will never overwrite
the nutch-default.xml but it will create a mapred-default.xml and a
nutch-site.xml with the changed settings. I've also started a jobtracker
and a ndfs plugin but both of them need some changes in the jobtracker
and namenode to run properly. They also depend on the non-static
NutchConf patch for the client side so I didn't include them.

If there are others interested in developing a rich client for Nutch I
will create a project on sourceforge. The development of an advanced web
UI could be hosted there, too, since I guess both would share some code.
My idea ist to host there the client code but also the needed patches
against svn trunk until they are included or rejected by Nutch core
developers. So, anybody interested in joining such a project or already
working on something like this?

best regards,
Dominik

Re: A Nutch config editor...

Stefan Groschupf-2
Cool.
There is already some work going on to get a web gui realized for nutch.
I hope i will find the time to write some thing together soon,
however get the nutch working without static nutch conf is the first
and most important step.
Stefan

Am 26.01.2006 um 18:57 schrieb Dominik Friedrich:

> ... is available here: http://home.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/~positron/
> nutchclient.rar. To use it just start the nutchclient.exe, create a
> new Nutch project and double-click on the nutch-default.xml. The
> editor will never overwrite the nutch-default.xml but it will
> create a mapred-default.xml and a nutch-site.xml with the changed
> settings. I've also started a jobtracker and a ndfs plugin but both
> of them need some changes in the jobtracker and namenode to run
> properly. They also depend on the non-static NutchConf patch for
> the client side so I didn't include them.
>
> If there are others interested in developing a rich client for
> Nutch I will create a project on sourceforge. The development of an
> advanced web UI could be hosted there, too, since I guess both
> would share some code. My idea ist to host there the client code
> but also the needed patches against svn trunk until they are
> included or rejected by Nutch core developers. So, anybody
> interested in joining such a project or already working on
> something like this?
>
> best regards,
> Dominik

Re: A Nutch config editor...

Dominik Friedrich
I've found a way to make remote calls from the client to a jobtracker
and namenode without patching any nutch code. The new package includes a
small wrapper that start a namenode and a jobtracker and makes a xml-rpc
interface to those two services available. See
http://home.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/~positron for download and instructions.

regards,
Dominik