A Synonym Searching for Phrase?

Ryan Yacyshyn
Hi All,

I'm running into an issue where I have some tokens that really mean the
same thing as two. For example, there are a couple ways users might want to
search for certain type of visa called the "s pass", but they might query
for spass or s-pass.

I thought I could add a line in my synonym file to solve this, such as:

s-pass, spass => s pass

This doesn't seem to work. I found an Auto Phrase TokenFilter (
https://github.com/LucidWorks/auto-phrase-tokenfilter) that looks like it
might help, but it sounds like it needs to use a specific query parser as
well (we're using edismax).

Has anyone came across this specific problem before? Would really
appreciate your suggestions / help.

We're using Solr 4.8.x (and lucidWorks 2.9).

Thanks!
Ryan

Re: A Synonym Searching for Phrase?

Alessandro Benedetti-4
There was a similar scission few days ago, take a look here :

I found this very interesting article that I think can help in better
understanding the problem :
http://lucidworks.com/blog/solution-for-multi-term-synonyms-in-lucenesolr-using-the-auto-phrasing-tokenfilter/

And this :
http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2013/10/27/why-is-multi-term-synonyms-so-hard-in-solr/

Take a look and let me know !

--
--------------------------

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?"

re: A Synonym Searching for Phrase?

Chris Morley
I have implemented that but it's not open sourced yet.  It will be soon.

 -Chris.

Re: A Synonym Searching for Phrase?

Rajinimaski
Hi Ryan,

I am not really sure whether this[1] solution mentioned in the link below
can work for your case considering its cons. However, I recommend having a
quick look at it.

@Chris, Would eagerly wait for your contribution.

[1] https://support.lucidworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/205359448

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 11:30 PM, Chris Morley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have implemented that but it's not open sourced yet.  It will be soon.
>
>  -Chris.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

What we've done in the end - and I'm not so sure why it works - is adding
"s-pass, spass, s pass" to the synonyms.txt file rather than s-pass, spass
=> s pass.

On Fri, 15 May 2015 at 16:02 Rajani Maski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> I am not really sure whether this[1] solution mentioned in the link below
> can work for your case considering its cons. However, I recommend having a
> quick look at it.
>
> @Chris, Would eagerly wait for your contribution.
>

> [1] https://support.lucidworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/205359448
>

> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 11:30 PM, Chris Morley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I have implemented that but it's not open sourced yet.  It will be soon.
> >
> >  -Chris.

Gopal Patwa
you might have this filter in query analyzer, which can spit token "s-pass"

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Filter+Descriptions#FilterDescriptions-WordDelimiterFilter