[ANN] Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.0

Grant Ingersoll-2
Hi All,

We at Lucidworks are pleased to announce the release of Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.   Fusion is built to overlay on top of Solr (in fact, you can manage multiple Solr clusters -- think QA, staging and production -- all from our Admin).    In other words, if you already have Solr, simply point Fusion at your instance and get all kinds of goodies like Banana (https://github.com/LucidWorks/Banana -- our port of Kibana to Solr + a number of extensions that Kibana doesn't have), collaborative filtering style recommendations (without the need for Hadoop or Mahout!), a modern signal capture framework, analytics, NLP integration, Boosting/Blocking and other relevance tools, flexible index and query time pipelines as well as a myriad of connectors ranging from Twitter to web crawling to Sharepoint.  The best part of all this?  It all leverages the infrastructure that you know and love: Solr.  Want recommendations?  Deploy more Solr.  Want log analytics?  Deploy more Solr.  Want to track important system metrics?  Deploy more Solr.

Fusion represents our commitment as a company to continue to contribute a large quantity of enhancements to the core of Solr while complementing and extending those capabilities with value adds that integrate a number of 3rd party (e.g connectors) and home grown capabilities like an all new, responsive UI built in AngularJS.  Fusion is not a fork of Solr.  We do not hide Solr in any way.  In fact, our goal is that your existing applications will work out of the box with Fusion, allowing you to take advantage of new capabilities w/o overhauling your existing application.

If you want to learn more, please feel free to join our technical webinar on October 2: http://lucidworks.com/blog/say-hello-to-lucidworks-fusion/.  If you'd like to download: http://lucidworks.com/product/fusion/.

Cheers,
Grant Ingersoll

Grant Ingersoll | CTO
[hidden email] | @gsingers
http://www.lucidworks.com

Re: [ANN] Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.0

Thomas Egense
Hi Grant.
Will there be a Fusion demostration/presentation  at Lucene/Solr Revolution
DC? (Not listed in the program yet).

Thomas Egense

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We at Lucidworks are pleased to announce the release of Lucidworks Fusion
> 1.0.   Fusion is built to overlay on top of Solr (in fact, you can manage
> multiple Solr clusters -- think QA, staging and production -- all from our
> Admin).    In other words, if you already have Solr, simply point Fusion at
> your instance and get all kinds of goodies like Banana (
> https://github.com/LucidWorks/Banana -- our port of Kibana to Solr + a
> number of extensions that Kibana doesn't have), collaborative filtering
> style recommendations (without the need for Hadoop or Mahout!), a modern
> signal capture framework, analytics, NLP integration, Boosting/Blocking and
> other relevance tools, flexible index and query time pipelines as well as a
> myriad of connectors ranging from Twitter to web crawling to Sharepoint.
> The best part of all this?  It all leverages the infrastructure that you
> know and love: Solr.  Want recommendations?  Deploy more Solr.  Want log
> analytics?  Deploy more Solr.  Want to track important system metrics?
> Deploy more Solr.
>
> Fusion represents our commitment as a company to continue to contribute a
> large quantity of enhancements to the core of Solr while complementing and
> extending those capabilities with value adds that integrate a number of 3rd
> party (e.g connectors) and home grown capabilities like an all new,
> responsive UI built in AngularJS.  Fusion is not a fork of Solr.  We do not
> hide Solr in any way.  In fact, our goal is that your existing applications
> will work out of the box with Fusion, allowing you to take advantage of new
> capabilities w/o overhauling your existing application.
>
> If you want to learn more, please feel free to join our technical webinar
> on October 2: http://lucidworks.com/blog/say-hello-to-lucidworks-fusion/.
> If you'd like to download: http://lucidworks.com/product/fusion/.
>
> Cheers,
> Grant Ingersoll

> Grant Ingersoll | CTO
> [hidden email] | @gsingers
> http://www.lucidworks.com

Re: [ANN] Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.0

Jack Krupansky-2
You simply download it yourself and give yourself a demo!!

http://lucidworks.com/product/fusion/

-- Jack Krupansky

wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We at Lucidworks are pleased to announce the release of Lucidworks Fusion
> 1.0.   Fusion is built to overlay on top of Solr (in fact, you can manage
> multiple Solr clusters -- think QA, staging and production -- all from our
> Admin).    In other words, if you already have Solr, simply point Fusion
> at
> your instance and get all kinds of goodies like Banana (
> https://github.com/LucidWorks/Banana -- our port of Kibana to Solr + a
> number of extensions that Kibana doesn't have), collaborative filtering
> style recommendations (without the need for Hadoop or Mahout!), a modern
> signal capture framework, analytics, NLP integration, Boosting/Blocking
> and
> other relevance tools, flexible index and query time pipelines as well as
> myriad of connectors ranging from Twitter to web crawling to Sharepoint.
> The best part of all this?  It all leverages the infrastructure that you
> know and love: Solr.  Want recommendations?  Deploy more Solr.  Want log
> analytics?  Deploy more Solr.  Want to track important system metrics?
> Deploy more Solr.
>
> Fusion represents our commitment as a company to continue to contribute a
> large quantity of enhancements to the core of Solr while complementing and
> extending those capabilities with value adds that integrate a number of
> 3rd
> party (e.g connectors) and home grown capabilities like an all new,
> responsive UI built in AngularJS.  Fusion is not a fork of Solr.  We do
> not
> hide Solr in any way.  In fact, our goal is that your existing
> applications
> will work out of the box with Fusion, allowing you to take advantage of
> new
> capabilities w/o overhauling your existing application.
>
> If you want to learn more, please feel free to join our technical webinar
> on October 2: http://lucidworks.com/blog/say-hello-to-lucidworks-fusion/.
> If you'd like to download: http://lucidworks.com/product/fusion/.
>
> Cheers,
> Grant Ingersoll

> Grant Ingersoll | CTO
> [hidden email] | @gsingers
> http://www.lucidworks.com

Re: [ANN] Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.0

Gopal Patwa
you can register for webinar also to know more about Fusion on Oct 2nd.

http://lucidworks.com/blog/say-hello-to-lucidworks-fusion/

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 7:39 AM, Jack Krupansky <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> You simply download it yourself and give yourself a demo!!
>
> http://lucidworks.com/product/fusion/
>
> -- Jack Krupansky
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Thomas Egense
> Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:00 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [ANN] Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.0
>

> Hi Grant.
> Will there be a Fusion demostration/presentation  at Lucene/Solr Revolution
> DC? (Not listed in the program yet).
>

> Thomas Egense
>
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>  Hi All,
>>
>> We at Lucidworks are pleased to announce the release of Lucidworks Fusion
>> 1.0.   Fusion is built to overlay on top of Solr (in fact, you can manage
>> multiple Solr clusters -- think QA, staging and production -- all from our
>> Admin).    In other words, if you already have Solr, simply point Fusion
>> at
>> your instance and get all kinds of goodies like Banana (
>> https://github.com/LucidWorks/Banana -- our port of Kibana to Solr + a
>> number of extensions that Kibana doesn't have), collaborative filtering
>> style recommendations (without the need for Hadoop or Mahout!), a modern
>> signal capture framework, analytics, NLP integration, Boosting/Blocking
>> and
>> other relevance tools, flexible index and query time pipelines as well as
>> myriad of connectors ranging from Twitter to web crawling to Sharepoint.
>> The best part of all this?  It all leverages the infrastructure that you
>> know and love: Solr.  Want recommendations?  Deploy more Solr.  Want log
>> analytics?  Deploy more Solr.  Want to track important system metrics?
>> Deploy more Solr.
>>
>> Fusion represents our commitment as a company to continue to contribute a
>> large quantity of enhancements to the core of Solr while complementing and
>> extending those capabilities with value adds that integrate a number of
>> 3rd
>> party (e.g connectors) and home grown capabilities like an all new,
>> responsive UI built in AngularJS.  Fusion is not a fork of Solr.  We do
>> not
>> hide Solr in any way.  In fact, our goal is that your existing
>> applications
>> will work out of the box with Fusion, allowing you to take advantage of
>> new
>> capabilities w/o overhauling your existing application.
>>
>> If you want to learn more, please feel free to join our technical webinar
>> on October 2: http://lucidworks.com/blog/say-hello-to-lucidworks-fusion/.
>> If you'd like to download: http://lucidworks.com/product/fusion/.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Grant Ingersoll

>> Grant Ingersoll | CTO
>> [hidden email] | @gsingers
>> http://www.lucidworks.com

Re: [ANN] Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.0

Grant Ingersoll-2
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the question, yes, I give a brief demo of it in action during my talk and we will have demos at our booth.  I will also give a demo during the Webinar, which will be recorded.  As others have said as well, you can simply download it and try yourself.

Cheers,
Grant

Grant Ingersoll | @gsingers
http://www.lucidworks.com

Re: [ANN] Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.0

Sebastián Ramírez
It's good to know you'll talk about it at Lucene/Solr Revolution 2014 too.

*Sebastián Ramírez*
Diseñador de Algoritmos

 <http://www.senseta.com>
________________
 Tel: (+571) 795 7950 ext: 1012
 Cel: (+57) 300 370 77 10
 Calle 73 No 7 - 06  Piso 4
 Linkedin: co.linkedin.com/in/tiangolo/
 Email: [hidden email]
 www.senseta.com

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 6:13 AM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> >> Deploy more Solr.
> >>
> >> Fusion represents our commitment as a company to continue to contribute
> >> large quantity of enhancements to the core of Solr while complementing
> and
> >> extending those capabilities with value adds that integrate a number of
> 3rd
> >> party (e.g connectors) and home grown capabilities like an all new,
> >> responsive UI built in AngularJS.  Fusion is not a fork of Solr.  We do
> not
> >> hide Solr in any way.  In fact, our goal is that your existing
> applications
> >> will work out of the box with Fusion, allowing you to take advantage of
> new
> >> capabilities w/o overhauling your existing application.
> >>
> >> If you want to learn more, please feel free to join our technical

*This e-mail transmission, including any attachments, is intended only for
the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
have received this transmission in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please notify Senseta immediately by return e-mail and
permanently delete this transmission, including any attachments.*

Re: [ANN] Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.0

Aman Tandon

How we can see the demo for NLP?
On Sep 24, 2014 4:43 PM, "Grant Ingersoll" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >> Deploy more Solr.
> >>
> >> Fusion represents our commitment as a company to continue to contribute
> >> large quantity of enhancements to the core of Solr while complementing
> and
> >> extending those capabilities with value adds that integrate a number of
> 3rd
> >> party (e.g connectors) and home grown capabilities like an all new,
> >> responsive UI built in AngularJS.  Fusion is not a fork of Solr.  We do
> not
> >> hide Solr in any way.  In fact, our goal is that your existing
> applications
> >> will work out of the box with Fusion, allowing you to take advantage of
> new
> >> capabilities w/o overhauling your existing application.
> >>
> >> If you want to learn more, please feel free to join our technical

Anurag Sharma
I downloaded fusion and tried to run it on windows 8 using cygwin. It's
giving "Error: Unable to access jarfile
/home/user1/fusion/jetty/home/start.jar". Also tried changing the
permission of jar, .sh and all folder/subfolders in fusion to 777 but still
getting the same error.

Please share your experience if tried running fusion on windows 8 or facing
the above issue on other port.

Thanks
Anurag

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 6:05 AM, Aman Tandon <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How we can see the demo for NLP?
> On Sep 24, 2014 4:43 PM, "Grant Ingersoll" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Thanks for the question, yes, I give a brief demo of it in action during
> > my talk and we will have demos at our booth.  I will also give a demo
> > during the Webinar, which will be recorded.  As others have said as well,
> > you can simply download it and try yourself.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Grant
> >
> > On Sep 23, 2014, at 2:00 AM, Thomas Egense <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Grant.
> > > Will there be a Fusion demostration/presentation  at Lucene/Solr
> > Revolution
> > > DC? (Not listed in the program yet).
> > >

> > > Thomas Egense

> > Fusion
> > manage
> > our
> > Fusion at
> filtering
> modern
> Boosting/Blocking
> > and
> > as a
> Sharepoint.
> you
> log

> contribute
> > and
> of
> > 3rd
> do
> > not
> > applications
> of
> > new

> > webinar
> > http://lucidworks.com/blog/say-hello-to-lucidworks-fusion/.

> > Grant Ingersoll | @gsingers
> > http://www.lucidworks.com

RE: [ANN] Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.0

Garth Grimm
Well, the current release is only supported on Linux.  A Windows compatible release is planned for later this year.

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How we can see the demo for NLP?
> On Sep 24, 2014 4:43 PM, "Grant Ingersoll" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Thanks for the question, yes, I give a brief demo of it in action
> > during my talk and we will have demos at our booth.  I will also
> > give a demo during the Webinar, which will be recorded.  As others
> > have said as well, you can simply download it and try yourself.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Grant
> >
> > On Sep 23, 2014, at 2:00 AM, Thomas Egense <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Grant.
> > > Will there be a Fusion demostration/presentation  at Lucene/Solr
> > Revolution
> > > DC? (Not listed in the program yet).
> > >

> > > Thomas Egense
> > >
> > > On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Grant Ingersoll
> > > <[hidden email]>

> > Fusion
> > manage
> > our