The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Lucene 8.5.0.
Apache Lucene is a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java. It is a technology suitable for nearly any application that requires full-text search, especially cross-platform.
This release contains numerous bug fixes, optimizations, and improvements, some of which are highlighted below. The release is available for immediate download at:
* XYPointField allows you to index points in flat X,Y space and efficiently find documents that fall within a bounding box, distance or arbitrary polygon
* New query builders on LatLonShape allow you to efficiently find documents with a specific relation to a point or polygon
* You can now store up to 16 data dimensions in a Point field
* KoreanTokenizer supports custom dictionaries
* Binary doc values are now compressed, and term dictionaries have improved compression
* Index flushes are up to 20% faster if all docvalues updates are updating a single field to the same value
* The index of stored fields and term vectors is now stored off-heap
* Query parsers based on QueryBuilder can boost particular terms or synonyms by setting BoostAttribute values on a token stream
* Intervals queries correctly handle repeated subterms in ordered and unordered sources
Please read CHANGES.txt for a full list of new features and changes: