[ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 5.1.0 released

Timothy Potter
14 April 2015 - The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Solr 5.1.0.

Solr 5.1.0 is available for immediate download at:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/5.1.0

Solr 5.1.0 includes 39 new features, 40 bug fixes, and 36 optimizations
/ other changes from over 60 unique contributors.

For detailed information about what is included in 5.1.0 release,
please see: http://lucene.apache.org/solr/5_1_0/changes/Changes.html

Enjoy!

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 5.1.0 released

Timothy Potter
I apologize - Yonik prepared these nice release notes for 5.1 and I
neglected to include them:

Solr 5.1 Release Highlights:

 * The new Facet Module, including the JSON Facet API.
   This module is currently marked as experimental to allow for
further API feedback and improvements.

 * A new JSON request API.
   This feature is currently marked as experimental to allow for
further API feedback and improvements.

 * The ability to upload and download Solr configurations via SolrJ
(CloudSolrClient).

 * First-class support for Real-Time Get in SolrJ.

 * Spatial 2D heat-map faceting.

 * EnumField now has docValues support.

 * API to dynamically add Jars to Solr's classpath for plugins.

 * Ability to enable/disable individual stats in the StatsComponent.

 * lucene/solr query syntax to give any query clause a constant score.

 * Schema API enhancements to remove or replace fields, dynamic
fields, field types and copy fields.

 * When posting XML or JSON to Solr with curl, there is no need to
specify the content type.

 * A list of update processors to be used for an update can be
specified dynamically for any given request.

 * StatsComponent now supports Percentiles.

 * facet.contains option to limit which constraints are returned.

 * Streaming Aggregation for SolrCloud.

 * The admin UI now visualizes Lucene segment information.

 * Parameter substitution / macro expansion across entire request

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Timothy Potter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 14 April 2015 - The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of
> Apache Solr 5.1.0.
>
> Solr 5.1.0 is available for immediate download at:
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/5.1.0
>
> Solr 5.1.0 includes 39 new features, 40 bug fixes, and 36 optimizations
> / other changes from over 60 unique contributors.
>
> For detailed information about what is included in 5.1.0 release,
> please see: http://lucene.apache.org/solr/5_1_0/changes/Changes.html
>
> Enjoy!

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 5.1.0 released

Joseph Obernberger-2
Great news!
Any tips on how to do an upgrade from 5.0.0 to 5.1.0?
Thank you!

-Joe