[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 0.5 Released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 0.5 Released

Mattmann, Chris A (3010)
(...apologies for the cross posting...)

The Apache Lucene project is pleased to announce the release of Apache Tika
0.5. The release contents have been pushed out to the main Apache release
site and the m2 ibiblio sync, so the releases should be available as soon as
the mirrors get the syncs.

Apache Tika, a subproject of Apache Lucene, is a toolkit for detecting and
extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using
existing parser libraries.

Apache Tika 0.5 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. Details can
be found in the changes file:

http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/CHANGES-0.5.txt

Apache Tika is available in source form from the following download page:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/tika/apache-tika-0.5-src.zip

Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2 from
the Central Maven Repositories:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.5/
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.5/

In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all mirrors.
When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads
using signatures found on the Apache site:
http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/KEYS-0.5.txt

For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
http://lucene.apache.org/tika

-- Chris Mattmann (on behalf of the Apache Lucene community)


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: [hidden email]
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 0.5 Released

Steen Manniche-3
Den Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 07:50:47AM -0800 skrev Mattmann, Chris A (388J):

> (...apologies for the cross posting...)
>
> The Apache Lucene project is pleased to announce the release of Apache Tika
> 0.5. The release contents have been pushed out to the main Apache release
> site and the m2 ibiblio sync, so the releases should be available as soon as
> the mirrors get the syncs.
>
> Apache Tika, a subproject of Apache Lucene, is a toolkit for detecting and
> extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using
> existing parser libraries.
>
> Apache Tika 0.5 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. Details can
> be found in the changes file:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/CHANGES-0.5.txt
>
> Apache Tika is available in source form from the following download page:
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/tika/apache-tika-0.5-src.zip
>
> Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2 from
> the Central Maven Repositories:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.5/
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.5/

The above link and any of the source access links on the page
http://lucene.apache.org/tika/source-repository.html are broken at the
moment. Where should I point my wget at? Or should I just wait a
while?

Best regards and thanks for the effort,
Steen Manniche

>
> In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all mirrors.
> When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads
> using signatures found on the Apache site:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/KEYS-0.5.txt
>
> For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
> http://lucene.apache.org/tika
>
> -- Chris Mattmann (on behalf of the Apache Lucene community)
>
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
> Senior Computer Scientist
> NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
> Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
> Email: [hidden email]
> WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
> University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 0.5 Released

Mattmann, Chris A (3010)
Hey Steen,

It's already available on: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.5/ and should be in the other repo shortly...

Cheers,
Chris



On 11/23/09 1:15 AM, "Steen Manniche" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Den Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 07:50:47AM -0800 skrev Mattmann, Chris A (388J):

> (...apologies for the cross posting...)
>
> The Apache Lucene project is pleased to announce the release of Apache Tika
> 0.5. The release contents have been pushed out to the main Apache release
> site and the m2 ibiblio sync, so the releases should be available as soon as
> the mirrors get the syncs.
>
> Apache Tika, a subproject of Apache Lucene, is a toolkit for detecting and
> extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using
> existing parser libraries.
>
> Apache Tika 0.5 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. Details can
> be found in the changes file:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/CHANGES-0.5.txt
>
> Apache Tika is available in source form from the following download page:
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/tika/apache-tika-0.5-src.zip
>
> Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2 from
> the Central Maven Repositories:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.5/
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.5/

The above link and any of the source access links on the page
http://lucene.apache.org/tika/source-repository.html are broken at the
moment. Where should I point my wget at? Or should I just wait a
while?

Best regards and thanks for the effort,
Steen Manniche

>
> In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all mirrors.
> When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads
> using signatures found on the Apache site:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/KEYS-0.5.txt
>
> For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
> http://lucene.apache.org/tika
>
> -- Chris Mattmann (on behalf of the Apache Lucene community)
>
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
> Senior Computer Scientist
> NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
> Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
> Email: [hidden email]
> WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
> University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>
>
>
>
>



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: [hidden email]
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 0.5 Released

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi there,


the given URL (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.5/) is not ok...cause it should be...

URL: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/

URL/tika-app/0.5
URL/tika-parent/0.5
URL/tika-core/0.5
URL/tika-parsers/0.5

an other short information is that at the moment the Web-Site is not up-to-date...

http://lucene.apache.org/tika/download.html
shows 0.4 instead....
http://lucene.apache.org/tika/project-summary.html
show 0.5-SNAPSHOT instead 0.5

May be it took some time to update the tika web-site so I'm a little bit to early...;-)
Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
--
MfG
Karl Heinz Marbaise
--
SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                     USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 0.5 Released

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:
> an other short information is that at the moment the Web-Site is not up-to-date...
>
> http://lucene.apache.org/tika/download.html
> shows 0.4 instead....
> http://lucene.apache.org/tika/project-summary.html
> show 0.5-SNAPSHOT instead 0.5

Bugger, this must be a result of the recent problems with the Hudson
server. I guess it was restored from an older backup and thus our site
deployment scripts ended up reverting the site back to a previous
state. :-(

I've just regenerated and -deployed the site.

BR,

Jukka Zitting
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 0.5 Released

Mattmann, Chris A (3010)
In reply to this post by Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Karl,

>
> the given URL (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/0.5/) is not
> ok...cause it should be...
>
> URL: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/
>
> URL/tika-app/0.5
> URL/tika-parent/0.5
> URL/tika-core/0.5
> URL/tika-parsers/0.5
>

Yep, sorry about that < I had a typo on my pasted URL from a prior release
announcement (the package structure for Tika has since changed).

>
> an other short information is that at the moment the Web-Site is not
> up-to-date...
>
> http://lucene.apache.org/tika/download.html
> shows 0.4 instead....

The download page shows correctly for me:
 
Apache Tika 0.5 is now available. See the CHANGES.txt
<http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/CHANGES-0.5.txt>  file for more
information on the list of updates in this initial release.
* apache-tika-0.5-src.zip
<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/tika/apache-tika-0.5-src.zip>
(PGP <http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/apache-tika-0.5-src.zip.asc> )
Apache Tika releases are available under the Apache License, Version 2.0
<http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> . See the NOTICE.txt file
contained in each release artifact for applicable copyright attribution
notices.

>
>
>
>
> http://lucene.apache.org/tika/project-summary.html
> show 0.5-SNAPSHOT instead 0.5

Strangely enough, for me this shows 0.4:

Build Information
Field Value
GroupId org.apache.tika
ArtifactId tika-site
Version 0.4
Type pom

I'm not sure what the problem is on this one -- these pages should be
generated automatically every night by Jukka's site generation script after
there are changes to the site portion of Tika SVN.

>
> May be it took some time to update the tika web-site so I'm a little bit to
> early...;-)

Nope, you are fine, thanks for the pointers, glad you are looking out!

Cheers,
Chris

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: [hidden email]
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 0.5 Released

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Chris,

about an hour ago it showed the old version now it shows the 0.5 release with the correct http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika/CHANGES-0.5.txt file...

> > http://lucene.apache.org/tika/project-summary.html
> > show 0.5-SNAPSHOT instead 0.5
>
> Strangely enough, for me this shows 0.4:
>
> Build Information
> Field Value
> GroupId org.apache.tika
> ArtifactId tika-site
> Version 0.4
> Type pom
Yeah...that's what i would like to ask for? 0.4 ..i know that the site is a different module (POM) but shouldn't it be in sync with the rest of the package.

And now i found an other point which seemed to be not correct or may be a little bit confusing...

http://lucene.apache.org/tika/source-repository.html

The URL for the repository is given with:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/pom/tags/apache-4/tika-parent/tika-site
(Click on the Web-Access gives an error message as expected)

Hm...in my opinion it should be more or less like the following:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/tika/tags/0.5/

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
--
MfG
Karl Heinz Marbaise
--
SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                     USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de