About Yarn Capacity Scheduler and Fair Scheduler

About Yarn Capacity Scheduler and Fair Scheduler

Todd-2
Hi,

I am kind of new to Yarn scheduler , I have a requirement that, we have vip users and normal users, we want vip users to have available resources whenever they submit applications so that vip users don't have to wait normal users to release their resources

Do Capacity Scheduler and Fair Scheduler support this scenario?
Thanks in advance!

About Yarn Capacity Scheduler and Fair Scheduler

Marcin Tustin
This is what the capacity scheduler is for.

See my article on working around a particular bug in the current version of the capacity scheduler https://medium.com/handy-tech/practical-capacity-scheduling-with-yarn-28548ae4fb88

Note the part on user limits.

On Friday, April 15, 2016, Todd <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;bit1129@163.com&#39;);" target="_blank">bit1129@...> wrote:
Hi,

I am kind of new to Yarn scheduler , I have a requirement that, we have vip users and normal users, we want vip users to have available resources whenever they submit applications so that vip users don't have to wait normal users to release their resources

Do Capacity Scheduler and Fair Scheduler support this scenario?
Thanks in advance!

Want to work at Handy? Check out our culture deck and open roles
Latest news at Handy
Handy just raised $50m led by Fidelity

Re:About Yarn Capacity Scheduler and Fair Scheduler

Todd-2
Thank you very much for the guide, Marcin!
BTW,did you have such article on Fair Scheduler?

在 2016-04-15 18:42:31,"Marcin Tustin" <[hidden email]> 写道: