Abstracting out shard mappings

Mark Miller-3
What do you think about adding further ways to control how the shard
parameter works with distributed search? Perhaps something like a
ShardMapper. It would allow things like setting up the ips in config and
then using shard parameters like shards=1-100 shards=1-10,15-20
shards=1,4,5 etc.

Trying to think of something to handle how unwieldy the GET urls can get
at large scale...

Re: Abstracting out shard mappings

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
Take a look at SOLR-565 -- I believe that is what you are looking for.

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 3:32 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What do you think about adding further ways to control how the shard
> parameter works with distributed search? Perhaps something like a
> ShardMapper. It would allow things like setting up the ips in config and
> then using shard parameters like shards=1-100 shards=1-10,15-20 shards=1,4,5
> etc.
>
> Trying to think of something to handle how unwieldy the GET urls can get at
> large scale...

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.