Adding env-var options for the Solr Prometheus Exporter

Adding env-var options for the Solr Prometheus Exporter

Houston Putman
The startup options for the Prometheus Exporter are pretty sparse compared to what the Solr start script offers.

I'm looking at adding some options that mirror what Solr offers, such as
  • SOLR_HEAP
  • SOLR_JAVA_MEM
 Maybe some GC options as well.

Having just the memory settings available would let us start the prometheus exporter with more than 500 Mb of heap, which right now isn't possible as the max heap is hard coded here.

This should be pretty easy to add, and we can make it sync with the naming convention used by the Solr start script. I'll probably create a JIRA and patch soon unless anyone has concerns or objections.

- Houston Putman

Re: Adding env-var options for the Solr Prometheus Exporter

Anshum Gupta
Sounds like a good idea, Houston.
Do you plan on creating a JIRA and PR ?

Anshum Gupta