Admin GUI

Daniel Färnbo
Hi Stefan!
How is the progress, any updates? Need any help?

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchAdministrationUserInterface

/Daniel

Re: Admin GUI

Stefan Groschupf-2
Hi Daniel,
thanks we still working on it.
Actually we have to finish something behind the sense and than we
will publish a kind of plugin extension point that will allow other
people to contribute.
Thanks for the offer, may be the only thing you can do is to vote for
this issue since this is somehow related to meta data, nutch admin
gui and nutch 'instances'. :-D
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-204

Cheers,
Stefan

Am 23.02.2006 um 12:56 schrieb Daniel Färnbo:

> Hi Stefan!
> How is the progress, any updates? Need any help?
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchAdministrationUserInterface
>
> /Daniel

company:        http://www.media-style.com
forum:        http://www.text-mining.org
blog:            http://www.find23.net

Re: Admin GUI

Jack.Tang
Hi Stefan

The GUI looks great!
My idea is to add ajax tech. to reduce the page reload and show the
job progress in realtime. If contribution is welcome and no one is
working on this, I'd like to take this.

Regards
/Jack

Keep Discovering ... ...
http://www.jroller.com/page/jmars

Re: Admin GUI

Stefan Groschupf-2
Hi Jack,
> The GUI looks great!
I will forward this to Frank Henze he had done the design and sample. :)
> My idea is to add ajax tech. to reduce the page reload and show the
> job progress in realtime. If contribution is welcome and no one is
> working on this, I'd like to take this.
That is great idea, I like ajax very much.
However actually our plan looks like:
1.)  getting nutch to a status that a gui is possible
2.) writing a underlaying extension point api
3.) writing some basic plugins using this extension point
4.) getting things stabile
5.) getting things into the nutch sources - that could take some time
6.) improving ui with better graphics, ajax etc.

So please stay patient, we may need some more time.
Since I also get some off-list mails a short status update.
The first point is pretty much done Marko will contribute a update
until next days.
I'm having a kind of alpha for for 2. and some very first steps for
3. are also already done.
Anyway we need some more time, please stay patient.
Stefan

blog: http://www.find23.org

On 2/24/06, Stefan Groschupf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Jack,
> > The GUI looks great!
> I will forward this to Frank Henze he had done the design and sample. :)

Thanks. I'll prepare some utility and debug javascript classes from now on:)