Alternate Fields for Unified Highlighter

Alternate Fields for Unified Highlighter

kamaci
Hi All,

I want to switch to Unified Highlighter due to performance reasons for my
Solr 7.6 I was using these fields

solrQuery.addHighlightField("content_*")
.set("f.content_en.hl.alternateField", "content")
.set("f.content_es.hl.alternateField", "content")
.set("hl.useFastVectorHighlighter", "true");
.set("hl.maxAlternateFieldLength", 300);

As far as I see, there is no definitions for alternate fields for unified
highlighter. How can I configure such a configuration?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Alternate Fields for Unified Highlighter

David Smiley
Feel free to file an issue; I know it's not supported.  I also don't think
it's a big deal because you can just ask Solr to return the
"alternateField", thus letting the client side choose when to use that.  I
suppose it might be large, so I can imagine a concern there.  It'd be nice
if Solr had a DocTransformer to accomplish that.

I know it's been awhile; I'm curious how the UH has been working for you,
assuming you are using it.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 6:47 AM Furkan KAMACI <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to switch to Unified Highlighter due to performance reasons for my
> Solr 7.6 I was using these fields
>
> solrQuery.addHighlightField("content_*")
> .set("f.content_en.hl.alternateField", "content")
> .set("f.content_es.hl.alternateField", "content")
> .set("hl.useFastVectorHighlighter", "true");
> .set("hl.maxAlternateFieldLength", 300);
>
> As far as I see, there is no definitions for alternate fields for unified
> highlighter. How can I configure such a configuration?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Furkan KAMACI

Re: Alternate Fields for Unified Highlighter

kamaci
Hi David,

Thanks for the response! I use Unified Highlighter combined with
maxAnalyzedChars to accomplish my needs.

I'll file an issue and PR for it!

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI