Any way to extract most used keywords from an index (or a random set)

Any way to extract most used keywords from an index (or a random set)

Jacob Singh-2
Hi,

I'm trying to write a testing suite to gauge the performance of solr
searches.  To do so, I'd like to be able to find out what keywords
will get me search results.  Is there anyway to programaticaly do this
with luke?  I'm trying to figure out what all it exposes, but I'm not
seeing this.

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks,
Jacob

--

+1 510 277-0891 (o)
+91 9999 33 7458 (m)

web: http://pajamadesign.com

Skype: pajamadesign
Yahoo: jacobsingh
AIM: jacobsingh
gTalk: [hidden email]

Re: Any way to extract most used keywords from an index (or a random set)

Norberto Meijome-6
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:46:54 +0530
"Jacob Singh" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write a testing suite to gauge the performance of solr
> searches.  To do so, I'd like to be able to find out what keywords
> will get me search results.  Is there anyway to programaticaly do this
> with luke?  I'm trying to figure out what all it exposes, but I'm not
> seeing this.

Hi Jacob,
are you after something that the following URLs don't provide ?

http://host/solr/core/admin/luke?wt=xslt&tr=luke.xsl

but I actually prefer the schema browser ( 1.3 ) to see the top n terms per field...

_________________________
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.

Re: Any way to extract most used keywords from an index (or a random set)

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Jacob, take a peek at.... contrib/miscellaneous/src/java/org/apache/lucene/misc/HighFreqTerms.java
This is under Lucene (svn checkout).

Otis

> I'm trying to write a testing suite to gauge the performance of solr
> searches.  To do so, I'd like to be able to find out what keywords
> will get me search results.  Is there anyway to programaticaly do this
> with luke?  I'm trying to figure out what all it exposes, but I'm not
> seeing this.
>
> Any ideas appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob
>
> --
>
> +1 510 277-0891 (o)
> +91 9999 33 7458 (m)
>
> web: http://pajamadesign.com
>
> Skype: pajamadesign
> Yahoo: jacobsingh
> AIM: jacobsingh
> gTalk: [hidden email]

Re: Any way to extract most used keywords from an index (or a random set)

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
You can also try the patch at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-651and see if it helps you.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Jacob Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write a testing suite to gauge the performance of solr
> searches.  To do so, I'd like to be able to find out what keywords
> will get me search results.  Is there anyway to programaticaly do this
> with luke?  I'm trying to figure out what all it exposes, but I'm not
> seeing this.
>
> Any ideas appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob