Apache Struts recon attempt from UNKNOWN IP Attack

Apache Struts recon attempt from UNKNOWN IP Attack

Abhijit Pawar-3
Hello All,

Recently we started seeing this email on one of our SOLR server:

*Apache Struts recon attempt from UNKNOWN IP Attack*
In detail it explains as below:
"This attack is possible due to a vulnerability in Struts 2 caused by
improper sanitization during OGNL expression evaluation. It is strongly
recommended to update to a non-vulnerable version of the Struts2-Core
library.  "

Any suggestions what could be causing this?
Has anyone else encountered this kind of issue before?

Regards,
Abhijit