Apache solr for multiple searches

Bhuvi HN
Hi
I have been using Apache Solr for my Job Portal. I have been using the
Apache Solr successfully for searching the resumes based on  keywords. Now i
need to use the same for Job search.
Can we have one single instance of the Apache Solr running for both the
search like Job search and resume search.
Regards
Bhuvan

Re: Apache solr for multiple searches

regany
Bhuvi HN wrote
Can we have one single instance of the Apache Solr running for both the
search like Job search and resume search.
Yes, you want to run a multicore (multiple index) setup - see:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

Re: Apache solr for multiple searches

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM, regany <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bhuvi HN wrote:
> >
> > Can we have one single instance of the Apache Solr running for both the
> > search like Job search and resume search.
> >

> Yes, you want to run a multicore (multiple index) setup - see:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

Or you could combine them into the same index. That is usually the easier
solution.

See
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultipleIndexes#Flattening_Data_Into_a_Single_Index

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.