BadApple report

Erick Erickson
Holding fairly steady, but IDK whether Hoss’ scraping is getting data from Uwe’s machines, thought I saw an e-mail go by about that.

this is the first report where the suppresswarnings stats mean anything.

Full report attached:

e-mail-2020-07-06.txt (15K) Download Attachment

Re: BadApple report

Megan Carey
Hi Erick,

I'm wondering what is meant by "DO NOT ANNOTATE LIST" at the start of the report? Better yet, can you please link to the scraping tool used to generate the report?

Thank you!
Megan

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 8:07 AM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Holding fairly steady, but IDK whether Hoss’ scraping is getting data from Uwe’s machines, thought I saw an e-mail go by about that.

this is the first report where the suppresswarnings stats mean anything.

Full report attached:

Re: BadApple report

Erick Erickson
Megan:

There are a number of tests that have been flagged by some devs
that, no matter what, should _not_ be annotated with BadApple or
AwaitsFix and that’s just a list to remind me what they are.

It’s not much of a deal, though, because I’m not doing much annotating
lately. The original process was that I’d annotate tests that had failed every
week for the last 4 weeks. Partly to get people’s attention, partly to make a
record. There were tests that would come and go, so you’ll see in places\
a bunch of dates associated with an annotation. Those indicate that it’d be
bad, then OK for 4 or more weeks, then bad again which I thought was
useful to see just how rarely some tests failed.

Best,
Erick