Best way to plug in alternative range query support

Best way to plug in alternative range query support

kkrugler
Hi all,

I’ve got an alternative representation in the index for numeric fields, and I need to construct an alternative approach for range queries.

I’m sub-classing BooleanQuery (as ultimately that’s what it is), and ignoring the deprecation warning about the BooleanQuery() constructor :)

But is there a better way to handle this? I’m particularly curious about splicing this into something like Solr.

Thanks,

— Ken

--------------------------
Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://www.scaleunlimited.com
custom big data solutions & training
Hadoop, Cascading, Cassandra & Solr

Re: Best way to plug in alternative range query support

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Ken,
See BooleanQuery.Builder.

p.s. nice to see you at Apache Big Data in Vancouver.
~ David

LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book: