Block document for certain search words

Christian Loock
Hi,

is there a way to block a document for being found when you search for a
certain way?

Cheers,

Christian

--
Christian Loock
Web Developer
www.renzel-agentur.de

Re: Block document for certain search words

Jack Krupansky-2
Explain your use case a little more, but you can define terms as stop words
with a stop filter, which means they won't appear in the index.

-- Jack Krupansky

www.renzel-agentur.de

Re: Block document for certain search words

Christian Loock
Hi,

well we have a product search which often will return products one might
not expect because they contain somesort of reference to other products.

I want it to appear in the index, so it can be found in general, but I
dont want it to be found for certain search words.

--
Christian Loock
Web Developer
www.renzel-agentur.de

Re: Block document for certain search words

Christian Loock
An alternative might be to drop down its relevancy for certain words.
Would that be possible?

--
Christian Loock
Web Developer
www.renzel-agentur.de

Re: Block document for certain search words

iorixxx
Do these forbidden documents have 'certain search words' in them? May be KeepWordFilterFactory could help.

--
Christian Loock
Web Developer
Renzel Agentur
www.renzel-agentur.de

Re: Block document for certain search words

Sure, boosts < 1 "de-boost" matches on those terms.

Best
Erick

P.S. Your use-case still isn't very clear, some  examples would help.