Books about lucene

王巍巍
Hi guys,

  I’ve read Lucene in Action and also implemented a general purpose FTP
search engine with lucene, you can find the source here: http://code.google.
com/p/askrosa/

I want to learn more about the implementation of lucene, e.g. index storing
structure, compression etc.

Could anyone here recommend some books about these topics?

Best Regards!

Weiwei Wang

Nanjing University, Nanjing, P.R.China

Re: Books about lucene

Martijn v Groningen
http://nlp.stanford.edu/IR-book/information-retrieval-book.html gives
a good introduction what happens under the hood of a search engine and
you can download it for free. It does not explain Lucene directly, but
a lot of IR algorithms that are used in Lucene (and any other search
engine) are explained. I found this book very helpful.

Martijn