Boost on basis of field is present or not in found documents

Boost on basis of field is present or not in found documents

Rahul-2
Where should i do changes in config files if i want to boost on the basis
of if a field is present in my found documents.

Explanation:
I have documents with fields name, address, id, number, where number may or
may not exists.
I have to rank the documents higher based on if number is not present.

I thought of writing function exists in my qf but that is not working.
I am using edismax query parser.

Thanks

Rahul Ranjan

Re: Boost on basis of field is present or not in found documents

Ahmet Arslan

Hi,

Can't you mix not, exists, if functions? https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Function+Queries

boost=if(not(exists(number)),1,100)