CLucene incubation - call for a mentor

Ben van Klinken
Hi,

I am one of the developers of CLucene, a C++ port of Lucene.

A long while back, CLucene was invited to join the ASF incubation
program under Lucene. For various reasons this hasn't happend yet. But
CLucene has still been happily progressing and interest in the project
continues to increase - many open source projects (such as ht://dig
and strigi) as well as many companies use CLucene.

CLucene would of course do much better if we were part of the big
happy family of Lucene and its sub-projects. However, I believe our
main obstacle to this is the absence of an ASF mentor.

So basically I'm asking this: would Apache Lucene still like to have
us? If yes, would anyone be interested, or know of someone interested
in being our mentor?

Look forward to a response,

Ben

Re: CLucene incubation - call for a mentor

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Hi Ben,

I can't volunteer, but you may want to check with Garrett Rooney.  He stopped work on lucene4c, so he may be interested in helping you with moving CLucene under Apache Lucene.

Otis

Re: CLucene incubation - call for a mentor

Garrett Rooney
On 10/20/06, Otis Gospodnetic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> I can't volunteer, but you may want to check with Garrett Rooney.  He
> stopped work on lucene4c, so he may be interested in helping you with
> moving CLucene under Apache Lucene.

I'd love to, except that I'm already rather overextended at this
point, and don't see myself being able to devote the required time to
it.

-garrett