Cache Memory Usage (was: Facets and running out of Heap Space)

Cache Memory Usage (was: Facets and running out of Heap Space)

Stu Hood-2
Sorry... where do the unique values come into the equation?

Also, you say that the queryResultCache memory usage is very low... how
could this be when it is storing the same information as the
filterCache, but with the addition of sorting?

Your answers are very helpful, thanks!

Stu Hood
Webmail.us
"You manage your business. We'll manage your email."®

Re: Cache Memory Usage (was: Facets and running out of Heap Space)

Mike Klaas
On 9-Oct-07, at 8:28 PM, Stu Hood wrote:

> Sorry... where do the unique values come into the equation?

Faceting.  You should have a filterCache > # unique values in all
fields faceted-on (using the fieldCache method).

> Also, you say that the queryResultCache memory usage is very low...
> how
> could this be when it is storing the same information as the
> filterCache, but with the addition of sorting?

Solr caches only the top N documents in the queryResultCache (boosted
by queryResultWindowSize), which amounts to 40-odd ints, 40-odd
float, and change.

-Mike