Cached.jsp for image content type

ocramp
Hi everybody,

 As I have said on another message, I'm trying to get Nutch search for
images.
 Till now it's searching alt and title tags and indexing the image content
(the one you see when you open a image on NotePad for example).
 Now that I've indexed almost 3 million images, I am trying to generate the
thumbnails for them. So I started looking at cached.jsp and change some code
to make it show the image. For a test, I've set contentType="image/gif" and
changed the "if"s on the jsp so that it could be shown. But I'm just getting
errors. I think that maybe the index proccess corrupted the image content or
that it is needed to performe some transformations on the content in order
to show the image.
 Anyway, do you have any ideas on that?
 Talking about what I did, I think it would be better to generate the
thumbnails before doc.add for the contet field. But as I haven't tought of
that before and as I yet don't think if that would work, I didn't do that.
 As I've also said on the other message, I planned on using php and GD
library to generate the thumbnails. But, if I have the content already
indexed, why not using it? (if it can be done).

Thanks in advance.
Marco Vanossi

Re: Cached.jsp for image content type

Thomas Delnoij-3
Take a look at the ImageJ library; http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/

I don't have access to my repository now but as soon as I have I will
send you the code I am using to create thumbnails.

Rgrds, Thomas