Can I filter the results returned by IndexReader.terms(term)?

Can I filter the results returned by IndexReader.terms(term)?

AdrianPillinger
I am using IndexReader.terms(term) to produce term suggestions to my users as they type. In many cases the user is searching lucene with a filter applied, for example a date range.

Is there any way I can get a list of terms in the index that are contained within a subset of the documents by a given filter.

i.e. I'd like to do something like....

IndexReader reader = readerProvider.openReader(directoryProvider);
reader.filterDocument(filter);
TermEnum termEnum = reader.terms(new Term("name", "<user entered term>"));
...Iterate on terms

I've scouted all over the API and I cannot find how to do this or if it is possible.

Please let me know if it can be done and if so how.

Thanks!