Can hadoop run on windows?

youlq
hi,all:

        Is there any one know how to run hadoop on windows? Or could it be possible ?

        Thanks!

        youlq
        [hidden email]
          2006-12-04

Re: Can hadoop run on windows?

김형준
Yes. It's possible.
but you must modify org/apache/hadoop/fs/DF.java file.
This file uses "df -k" command which is for Linux.
I replaced DF.java for Windows.
If you want to run on Windows, you must write bat script for classpath or
env variable,
and run script on each server.

2006/12/4, youlq <[hidden email]>:

> hi,all:
>
>         Is there any one know how to run hadoop on windows? Or could it be
> possible ?
>
>         Thanks!
>
>         youlq
>         [hidden email]
>           2006-12-04

Re: Re: Can hadoop run on windows?

youlq
hello 김형준,

        Thank you very muck! I'll try it.

-----Original Message Begin-----

>Yes. It's possible.
>but you must modify org/apache/hadoop/fs/DF.java file.
>This file uses "df -k" command which is for Linux.
>I replaced DF.java for Windows.
>If you want to run on Windows, you must write bat script for classpath or
>env variable,
>and run script on each server.
>

>2006/12/4, youlq <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> hi,all:
>>
>>         Is there any one know how to run hadoop on windows? Or could it be
>> possible ?
>>
>>         Thanks!
>>
>>         youlq
>>         [hidden email]
>>           2006-12-04

-----Original Message End-----

        youlq
        [hidden email]
          2006-12-05

Re: Can hadoop run on windows?

howard chen
On 12/5/06, 김형준 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes. It's possible.
> but you must modify org/apache/hadoop/fs/DF.java file.
> This file uses "df -k" command which is for Linux.
> I replaced DF.java for Windows.
> If you want to run on Windows, you must write bat script for classpath or
> env variable,
> and run script on each server.
>

> 2006/12/4, youlq <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > hi,all:
> >
> >         Is there any one know how to run hadoop on windows? Or could it be
> > possible ?
> >
> >         Thanks!
> >
> >         youlq
> >         [hidden email]
> >           2006-12-04

you can use the GnuWin32

Re: Can hadoop run on windows?

Konstantin Shvachko
You will need Cygwin if you want to run hadoop scripts, otherwise you
can download DF.java from here
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-33
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12337494/DF.java

This thread might be useful as well.