Can optimization take constant time?

erolagnab
Hi,

Given that: update/commit(optimize=false) is done at constant rate and
index size is increasing sequentially
The first optimization took X seconds. So if I do optimization
everyday,  can I  eventually obtain constant time for optimization process?

Trung

Re: Can optimization take constant time?

Otis Gospodnetic-2
If I understand your question/situation correctly, then I think the answer is negative - the time required for the full optimization operation will grow as your index grows.  But I may not be 100% up to date with the latest Lucene changes around index segment merges and such.

Otis