Cannot index '&' this character using post.jar

Cannot index '&' this character using post.jar

Tiong Jeffrey
Hi all,

I tried to index a document that has '&' using post.jar. But during the
indexing it causes error and it wont finish the indexing. Can I know why is
this and how to prevent this? Thanks!

Jeffrey

Re: Cannot index '&' this character using post.jar

Ryan McKinley

are you sending a valid XML document?  for XML, & needs to be sent as &

Tiong Jeffrey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to index a document that has '&' using post.jar. But during the
> indexing it causes error and it wont finish the indexing. Can I know why is
> this and how to prevent this? Thanks!
>
> Jeffrey

Re: Cannot index '&' this character using post.jar

Mike Klaas
On 8-Jun-07, at 10:19 AM, Tiong Jeffrey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to index a document that has '&' using post.jar. But during
> the
> indexing it causes error and it wont finish the indexing. Can I
> know why is
> this and how to prevent this? Thanks!

XML requires &'s to be escaped.  & -> &

-Mike