Cannot run Hadoop on Windows

Atri Sharma
Hi All,

I am trying to run a compiled Hadoop jar on Windows but ran into the following error when running hdfs-format:

JAVA_HOME is incorrectly set.

I echoed the path being set in etc/Hadoop-env.cmd and it echoes the correct path:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101

Please advise.

Regards,

Atri

Re: Cannot run Hadoop on Windows

Rakesh Radhakrishnan-2
Hi Atri,

I doubt the problem is due to space in the path -> "Program Files".
Instead of C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101, please copy JDK dir to C:\java\jdk1.8.0_101 and try once.

Rakesh
Intel

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to run a compiled Hadoop jar on Windows but ran into the following error when running hdfs-format:

JAVA_HOME is incorrectly set.

I echoed the path being set in etc/Hadoop-env.cmd and it echoes the correct path:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101

Please advise.

Regards,

Atri

Re: Cannot run Hadoop on Windows

Chris Nauroth

I agree with Rakesh that spaces in JAVA_HOME is likely to be a problem.  This is a known problem tracked in JIRA issue HADOOP-9600.

--Chris Nauroth