Changing the schema.xml

Andrew Nagy-2
What is necessary for the effects of changing the schema.xml to take
effect for all of my records?  I restarted tomcat, but it does not seem
that my changes have taken effect.

I wanted to change a full-text field from type:string to type:text to
allow for better searching, but do no see any differences when I make my
changes to the schema.xml.

Thanks!
Andrew

Re: Changing the schema.xml

David Halsted
I think you have to reindex; new additions to your index will follow
the new schema but Solr doesn't reach in and reindex your old
information automatically.

Dave