CloudSolrClient - basic auth - multi shard collection

CloudSolrClient - basic auth - multi shard collection

Nicolas Paris-2
Hello,

I am having trouble with basic auth on a solrcloud instance. When the
collection is only one shard, there is no problem. When the collection
is multiple shard, there is no problem until I ask multiple query
concurrently: I get 401 error and asking for credentials for concurrent
queries.

I have created a Premptive Auth Interceptor which should add the
credential information for every http call.

Thanks for any pointer,

solr:8.1
spring-data-solr:4.1.0
nicolas

Re: CloudSolrClient - basic auth - multi shard collection

Jason Gerlowski
Hi Nicholas,

I'm not really familiar with spring-data-solr, so I can't speak to
that detail, but it sounds like you might be running into either
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13510 or
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13472.  There are partial
workarounds on those issues that might help you.  If those aren't
sufficient, you can fix the issue by upgrading to 8.2 - both of those
bugs are fixed in that version.

Hope that helps,

Jason

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 8:26 AM Nicolas Paris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble with basic auth on a solrcloud instance. When the
> collection is only one shard, there is no problem. When the collection
> is multiple shard, there is no problem until I ask multiple query
> concurrently: I get 401 error and asking for credentials for concurrent
> queries.
>
> I have created a Premptive Auth Interceptor which should add the
> credential information for every http call.
>
> Thanks for any pointer,
>
> solr:8.1
> spring-data-solr:4.1.0
> nicolas

Re: CloudSolrClient - basic auth - multi shard collection

Nicolas Paris-2
>  you can fix the issue by upgrading to 8.2 - both of those

Thanks, I will try ASAP

--
nicolas