Connecting JConsole to ResourceManager

Atri Sharma
Hi All,

I am trying to connect to a running ResourceManager process on Windows. I ran jconsole and it shows the ResourceManager process. When I try connecting, it immediately fails saying that it cannot connect.

I verified that the cluster is running fine by running the wordcount example.

Please advise.

Regards,

Atri

Re: Connecting JConsole to ResourceManager

Rohith Sharma K S-3
Hi

Have you enabled JMX remote connections parameters for RM start up? If you are trying to remote connection, these parameter supposed to passed in hadoop opts
You need to enable remote by configuring these parameter in RM jam start up.
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999 \
     -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false \

-Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

On Aug 9, 2016, at 12:32 PM, Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to a running ResourceManager process on Windows. I ran jconsole and it shows the ResourceManager process. When I try connecting, it immediately fails saying that it cannot connect.

I verified that the cluster is running fine by running the wordcount example.

Please advise.

Regards,

Atri

Re: Connecting JConsole to ResourceManager

Atri Sharma

Thanks Rohith.

I am running JConsole locally on the same machine as I have my single node cluster.Do I still need to enable remote access?

On 9 Aug 2016 12:44 p.m., "Rohith Sharma K S" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Rakesh Radhakrishnan-2
Hi Atri,

Do you meant, something like, jconsole [processID].

afaik, the local jmx uses the local filesystem. I hope your processes are running under same user to ensure there is no permission issues. Also, could you please check %TEMP% and %TMP% environment variables and make sure YOUR_USER_NAME in this is exactly same(I meant, case sensitive). I had observed some problematic cases like directory created with lowercase letters and username with uppercase letters.

Thanks,
Rakesh

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Rakesh.

I have all of that setup. I am intermittently able to connect but then not again.

I had a quick question. Can I use localhost:8080/jmx to view the counters registered with metrics2 framework? I added some RPC counters and registered my new class with DefaultMetricsSystem.

Regards,

Atri

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Rakesh Radhakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

l'apprenant