Constant for Filename Property in Metadata?

Constant for Filename Property in Metadata?

Keith R. Bennett
All -

I did not see a constant we can use for the file name in any of the metadata interfaces.  That is, unless DublinCore.SOURCE will be used for that.

Do we want to add a FILENAME property to Metadata itself?

- Keith

Re: Constant for Filename Property in Metadata?

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
On 10/15/07, Keith R. Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...Do we want to add a FILENAME property to Metadata itself?...

Or maybe create a new "Tika" metadata category, which will later
(TIKA-61) use a specific Tika namespace.

-Bertrand

Re: Constant for Filename Property in Metadata?

Keith R. Bennett
After thinking about it a little more, I realized that 'RESOURCE_NAME' would be better than 'FILENAME', since the stream source may not be a file.

For something as fundamental as resource name, do you think it should be available more easily than having to specify a namespace and property name?  It would be great to be able to call Metadata.getResourceName() or ParseUtils.getResourceName(Metadata).  Or simplify this task in some other way?  It would be nice to keep it really simple for the simple use cases.

- Keith

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote