Contributing

Danilo Cicognani
Goodmorning,
I'm Danilo Cicognani from Italy.
I would like to contribute to the develop of Lucene for the company I'm
working that is "Tinfo Srl".
For the first step we would like to make an analyser for the italian
language (which is not present in the sandbox).
This is the first step to start using Lucene as our Information Retrieval to
use in our applications.
What is the procedure to enter in the developer community?
Are there some kind of documentation we should read (or maybe write) before
starting to do this work?
Is there already someone which is doing the same thing?

Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for MY English.

**** 1000 KBye ****

 [) /\ |\| | |_ ()

Re: Contributing

Erik Hatcher
Danilo,

Welcome!

We'd love to have your Italian analyzer as part of the contrib/
analyzers codebase.  The easiest way to get your contribution
accepted is to follow these steps:

     * Be sure to use the Apache Software License 2.0
     * Fit your code into the structure in Lucene's Subversion tree
under contrib/analyzers
     * Write some solid unit tests that pass
     * Create a Bugzilla issue
     * Add your additional files as attachments to a previously
created Bugzilla issue

Erik

On May 25, 2005, at 4:24 AM, Danilo Cicognani wrote:

> Goodmorning,
> I'm Danilo Cicognani from Italy.
> I would like to contribute to the develop of Lucene for the company
> I'm
> working that is "Tinfo Srl".
> For the first step we would like to make an analyser for the italian
> language (which is not present in the sandbox).
> This is the first step to start using Lucene as our Information
> Retrieval to
> use in our applications.
> What is the procedure to enter in the developer community?
> Are there some kind of documentation we should read (or maybe
> write) before
> starting to do this work?
> Is there already someone which is doing the same thing?
>
> Thank you.
>
> P.S. Sorry for MY English.
>
> **** 1000 KBye ****
>
>  [) /\ |\| | |_ ()

Re: Contributing

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Hi Danilo,

You may want to look at the ItalianStemmer and SnowballAnalyzer, as
they may already do what you need for your company:

http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=italian+analyzer
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/snowball/src/java/net/sf/snowball/ext/

ciao, <-- ha! ;)
Otis

--- Erik Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Danilo,
>
> Welcome!
>
> We'd love to have your Italian analyzer as part of the contrib/
> analyzers codebase.  The easiest way to get your contribution
> accepted is to follow these steps:
>
>      * Be sure to use the Apache Software License 2.0
>      * Fit your code into the structure in Lucene's Subversion tree
> under contrib/analyzers
>      * Write some solid unit tests that pass
>      * Create a Bugzilla issue
>      * Add your additional files as attachments to a previously
> created Bugzilla issue
>
> Erik
>

> On May 25, 2005, at 4:24 AM, Danilo Cicognani wrote:
>
> > Goodmorning,
> > I'm Danilo Cicognani from Italy.
> > I would like to contribute to the develop of Lucene for the company
>
> > I'm
> > working that is "Tinfo Srl".
> > For the first step we would like to make an analyser for the
> italian
> > language (which is not present in the sandbox).
> > This is the first step to start using Lucene as our Information
> > Retrieval to
> > use in our applications.
> > What is the procedure to enter in the developer community?
> > Are there some kind of documentation we should read (or maybe
> > write) before
> > starting to do this work?
> > Is there already someone which is doing the same thing?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > P.S. Sorry for MY English.
> >
> > **** 1000 KBye ****
> >
> >  [) /\ |\| | |_ ()

R: Contributing

Danilo Cicognani
Ciao!

> You may want to look at the ItalianStemmer and SnowballAnalyzer, as
> they may already do what you need for your company:
>
> http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=italian+analyzer
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/sn
> owball/src/java/net/sf/snowball/ext/

Thank you.