Converting a collection name to an alias

Converting a collection name to an alias

ufuk yılmaz
Hi again,

Lets say I have a collection named A.
I’m trying to rename it to A_1, then create an alias named A, which points to the A_1 collection.
Is this possible without deleting and reindexing the collection from scratch?

Regards,
uyilmaz

Re: Converting a collection name to an alias

matthew sporleder
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_1/collections-api.html#rename

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 2:07 PM ufuk yılmaz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Lets say I have a collection named A.
> I’m trying to rename it to A_1, then create an alias named A, which points to the A_1 collection.
> Is this possible without deleting and reindexing the collection from scratch?
>
> Regards,
> uyilmaz

RE: Converting a collection name to an alias

ufuk yılmaz
Hi,
I’m aware of that API but it doesn’t do what I actually want.

regards

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 2:07 PM ufuk yılmaz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Lets say I have a collection named A.
> I’m trying to rename it to A_1, then create an alias named A, which points to the A_1 collection.
> Is this possible without deleting and reindexing the collection from scratch?
>
> Regards,
> uyilmaz

Re: Converting a collection name to an alias

Mike Drob-2
I believe you may be able to use that command (or some combination of
create alias commands) to create an alias from A to A, and then in
the future when you want to change it you can have Alias A to collection B
(assuming this is the point of the alias in the first place).

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 1:53 PM ufuk yılmaz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I’m aware of that API but it doesn’t do what I actually want.
>
> regards
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re:Re: Converting a collection name to an alias

xiefengchang
I don't think you can achieve what you want---doing REAL rename.
why not just use collection alias? do you have any reason NOT to do that?