Costume response writer

Debra-3
I have written a costume response writer and added  the  response writer to solrconfig.xml

When I run a program I can see the costume response writer is initialized, but when I run a search with the costume writer's name as the wt paramater the search is executed but the response writer is not called
(Even the first line of the write function in the costume writer,which  is  log.info("...")  is not written out.).

Any leads of what might be the cause?

Thank you ,
Debra

Re: Costume response writer

Yonik Seeley-2
On 5/10/07, Debra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have written a costume response writer and added  the  response writer to
> solrconfig.xml
>
> When I run a program I can see the costume response writer is initialized,
> but when I run a search with the costume writer's name as the wt paramater
> the search is executed but the response writer is not called
> (Even the first line of the write function in the costume writer,which  is
> log.info("...")  is not written out.).
>
> Any leads of what might be the cause?

That doesn't make sense... something like the dismax handler is the
same to solr as any other custom request handler.

Perhaps look for the dismax handler init in the log files and compare
it to your handler.

Re: Costume response writer

Debra-3
This is from the log:
INFO: adding queryResponseWriter jdbc=com.lss.search.request.JDBCResponseWriter
10/05/2007 21:11:39 com.lss.search.request.JDBCResponseWriter init
INFO: Init JDBC reponse writer      //This is added from the ini of the class to see that it's actually finding the right one
10/05/2007 21:11:44 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO: null jdsn=4&start=0&q=white&wt=jdbc&qt=standard&rows=90 0 1442
10/05/2007 21:11:44 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore close

This is from the JDBCResponseWriter code:

public void write(Writer writer, SolrQueryRequest request, SolrQueryResponse response) throws IException {
                log.info("USING JDBC RESPONSE WRITER");

The line "USING JDBC RESPONSE WRITER" doesn't appear in the log.

Thanks,
Debra

Re: Costume response writer

Chris Hostetter-3

: INFO: adding queryResponseWriter
: jdbc=com.lss.search.request.JDBCResponseWriter

: 10/05/2007 21:11:44 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
: INFO: null jdsn=4&start=0&q=white&wt=jdbc&qt=standard&rows=90 0 1442

that's very strange ... the only thing that jumps out at me is the "null"
there where the context path is suppose to be logged, it suggests that you
aren't useing the standard /select URL so maybe this is a bug with some of
hte new request handler path based stuff?

can you clarify:

1) which version of Solr you are using (the "Solr Implementation Version"
from /admin/registry.jsp gives the best answer)

2) exactly what URL you are hitting to generate this request

3) what the solrconfig.xml lools like for your <queryResponseWriter> and
<requestHandler> configurations

4) Lastly: what response does your client get?  is it the default XML
response, or just nothing at all?

Re: Costume response writer

Debra-3

hossman_lucene wrote
can you clarify:

1) which version of Solr you are using (the "Solr Implementation Version"
from /admin/registry.jsp gives the best answer)

Just downloaded the latest night build and viola it's back on track (with the other bugs...)