Could possible donate webapp for dynamic core create/deletion.

Could possible donate webapp for dynamic core create/deletion.

Brian O'Neill

All,

My team has developed a small web app that can dynamically create/delete cores in a cluster of SOLR instances.  Is this feature already under development?  Is anyone interested in it?  If so, we might be able to donate it.

-brian

--
Brian O'Neill
Lead Architect, Software Development

Re: Could possible donate webapp for dynamic core create/deletion.

mohitsoni
Hi Brian

Can you share a brief summary of the work done, features offered, etc.

~mohit

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Brian O'Neill <[hidden email]> wrote:

All,

My team has developed a small web app that can dynamically create/delete cores in a cluster of SOLR instances.  Is this feature already under development?  Is anyone interested in it?  If so, we might be able to donate it.

-brian

--
Brian O'Neill
Lead Architect, Software Development
Health Market Science | 2700 Horizon Drive | King of Prussia, PA 19406
p: 215.588.6024
www.healthmarketscience.com

RE: Could possible donate webapp for dynamic core create/deletion.

Brian O'Neill

Sure thing…

Basically, we mimicked the core creation script and procedure described here:

http://blog.dustinrue.com/archives/690

We wrapped it that process in a RESTful web service.  A client can post a schema to the  service, which will create the file for you then POST to SOLR to create the core.  The web service is configured using a properties file right now, which among other things has a list of hosts.  It will loop through the hosts and perform this operation on each host.  If one fails, it rolls the core creation back on each host.

If you want, I could pass along the WADL that we have for the service.

-brian

Re: Could possible donate webapp for dynamic core create/deletion.

Arvind Srini
Thanks, Brian.  This would certainly be useful.

Ideally , putting this one up in github, will help it open it for the community try it out immediately and pass the feedback/improve documentation/api usage etc. , while the migration process to the lucene contribs can happen concurrently still.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Brian O'Neill <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sure thing…

Basically, we mimicked the core creation script and procedure described here:

http://blog.dustinrue.com/archives/690

We wrapped it that process in a RESTful web service.  A client can post a schema to the  service, which will create the file for you then POST to SOLR to create the core.  The web service is configured using a properties file right now, which among other things has a list of hosts.  It will loop through the hosts and perform this operation on each host.  If one fails, it rolls the core creation back on each host.

If you want, I could pass along the WADL that we have for the service.

-brian

Re: Could possible donate webapp for dynamic core create/deletion.

Brian O'Neill
Re: Could possible donate webapp for dynamic core create/deletion. Great, thanks Arvind.   It sounds like interest is there.
I’ll get it up on github.

-brian

http://blog.dustinrue.com/archives/690 <http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?5NZxN4sqekjqrZTTTTbCM0p0-F7A6WjB2bvYLCNIjAp-Ce6zCVK_8I9LfzAm4PhOrKrgYOnzYSUMbzxNEV78BO5ov8YYUD-DP9GX4HYWmBYbvOUafrJYfXlJIj_w09J6UVZcSyOyMyUqejhOe76T73obZ8Qg2lmPQ3h0JmB943_d425orfPh00blBzh0Xm9EwgbgRmlzh1qIvd45E_I_N3P_DaIedPYfDyN-OwrhdFCQTXLLLEL6XNP->