Creating lucene index from databases

kranthi reddy
Hi all,

 I am new to lucene. I want to build a search engine. The entire content on
which I want to search is stored in Mysql database.

Is it possible to use the content in sql database  to build an index using
lucene? If it is possible, please give a few tips on how it can be done.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
kranthi

RE: Creating lucene index from databases

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah
Hi,
You can use LuSQl it is very handy if you already have data in the Database.
http://lab.cisti-icist.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cistilabswiki/index.php/LuSql
Regards,
Allahbaksh

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com
Starting a startup is hard, but having a 9 to 5 job is hard too, and in some ways a worse kind of hard.

 I am new to lucene. I want to build a search engine. The entire content on
which I want to search is stored in Mysql database.

Is it possible to use the content in sql database  to build an index using
lucene? If it is possible, please give a few tips on how it can be done.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
kranthi

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Creating lucene index from databases

chrislusf
kranthi,

Maybe you should use DBSight Lite to get started and get familiar with
Lucene features.

--
Chris Lu