Cross DC CloudSolr Client

Lucky Sharma
Hi all,
Just wish to confirm on the cross DC connection situation from the
CloudSolrClient.
Scenario:
We have multiple DC with the same collection data. Can we add the zookeeper
connect string of the DC's to the cloud SolrClient.

Will it work like this:
The client will utilise this connection string to fetch the Solr config,
from ZK.
reading of the connection string will be in a sequence i.e. if the first
node itself is available, then that will be used to fetch the ClusterState.
if not available, the next node will be used.

If we put two ZK clusters in one connection string, what will behave with
two/multiple leaders since the Zk-clients embedded inside SolrClient?
--
Warm Regards,

Lucky Sharma
Contact No :+91 9821559918

Re: Cross DC CloudSolr Client

Erick Erickson
I’ve never even heard of someone trying to put
different ensembles in the same connection
string for a single client.

Create N CloudSolrClients, one for each DC.

And why do you want to try to contact individual nodes?
CloudSolrClient will do that for you.

Best,
Erick

S G

Re: Cross DC CloudSolr Client

S G
Is there any good way of having a load-balancer across two SolrCloud
clusters (version 8.x or 7.x) that are in different regions (like Azure
East and Azure West) ?

Thanks
SG