Customize scoring for additive effect...

Customize scoring for additive effect...

escher2k
I am trying to build a scoring function which is additive across multiple fields that are searched.
For instance, if a user searches for "Web PHP", I want the search to happen over fld1, fld2
and then compute the score as,
   score = similarity score(fld1) + similarity score(fld2) + <some system constant>

I think I have figured out how to customize the similarity for the fields, but I still don't know
how to get this additive effect. I didn't see any direct way to plug in a custom scorer.

Thanks.

Re: Customize scoring for additive effect...

Grant Ingersoll-2
This _may_ help: http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/scoring.html

It has links into the javadocs for creating Custom Query/Scorers, etc.

-Grant

On Jan 2, 2007, at 9:32 PM, escher2k wrote:

> I am trying to build a scoring function which is additive across
> multiple
> fields that are searched.
> For instance, if a user searches for "Web PHP", I want the search
> to happen
> over fld1, fld2
> and then compute the score as,
>    score = similarity score(fld1) + similarity score(fld2) + <some
> system
> constant>
>
> I think I have figured out how to customize the similarity for the
> fields,
> but I still don't know
> how to get this additive effect. I didn't see any direct way to
> plug in a
> custom scorer.
>
> Thanks.

Grant Ingersoll