Cygwin usage

Brehm, Robert P
Hi List,

I am using Cygwin on Windows XP.   Every time I try to run bin/nutch I
get the following error:

$ bin/nutch
bin/nutch: line 15: syntax error near unexpected token `$'in\r''
'in/nutch: line 15: `case "`uname`" in

Hopefully it is a simple problem.

Regards,

Bob Brehm

RE: Cygwin usage

Howie Wang
Is uname installed? Is the cygwin bin directory in your path?

I'm running cygwin on XP and it's working for me.

Howie

> Subject: Cygwin usage
> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:58:38 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Hi List,
>
> I am using Cygwin on Windows XP.   Every time I try to run bin/nutch I
> get the following error:
>
> $ bin/nutch
> bin/nutch: line 15: syntax error near unexpected token `$'in\r''
> 'in/nutch: line 15: `case "`uname`" in
>
> Hopefully it is a simple problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob Brehm

AW: Cygwin usage

Schargott,Andre
You have to run the d2u command to convert the file.

d2u /$pathway_to_nutch/bin/nutch

Regards
Andre

I am using Cygwin on Windows XP.   Every time I try to run bin/nutch I
get the following error:

$ bin/nutch
bin/nutch: line 15: syntax error near unexpected token `$'in\r''
'in/nutch: line 15: `case "`uname`" in

Hopefully it is a simple problem.

Regards,

Bob Brehm

Entdecken Sie ORNAMIN Geschirr und Pflegeprodukte nun auch im Internet Shop www.ornamin-provita.com

ORNAMIN - KUNSTSTOFFWERKE
W. Zschetzsche GmbH & Co. KG

Die Gesellschaft ist eine Kommanditgesellschaft mit Sitz in Minden,
Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen HRA 3543.

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
Wilhelm Zschetzsche Beteiligungs-Gesellschaft mbH,
Sitz Minden, Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen HRB 5290.

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Holger von der Emde

Re: Cygwin usage

Susam Pal
This is because windows style "\r\n" is present in the script.

You can clean the script by opening vi editor and issuing the
following commands.

:set ff=unix
:wq

If that doesn't work for you, try this:-

cp bin/nutch nutch.bak
cat nutch.bak | tr -d "\r" > bin/nutch

This should remove "\r" wherever present and your script should run.
We discussed this earlier too.

See:-
1. http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-user@.../msg08481.html
2. http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-user@.../msg08933.html

Regards,
Susam Pal
http://susam.in/

On 10/20/07, Brehm, Robert P <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I am using Cygwin on Windows XP.   Every time I try to run bin/nutch I
> get the following error:
>
> $ bin/nutch
> bin/nutch: line 15: syntax error near unexpected token `$'in\r''
> 'in/nutch: line 15: `case "`uname`" in
>
> Hopefully it is a simple problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob Brehm

RE: Cygwin usage

Brehm, Robert P

Andre,

This solved the problem!  Much thanks to you, Susam Pal and Howie Wang for replying to me.

Regards,

Bob