[DISCUSS] Ozone TLP proposal

Marton, Elek-2

Hi,

The Hadoop community earlier decided to move out Ozone sub-project to a
separated Apache Top Level Project (TLP). [1]

For detailed history and motivation, please check the previous thread ([1])

Ozone community discussed and agreed on the initial version of the
project proposal, and now it's time to discuss it with the full Hadoop
community.

The current version is available at the Hadoop wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Hadoop+subproject+to+Apache+TLP+proposal

  1. Please read it. You can suggest any modifications or topics to
cover (here or in the comments)

  2. Following the path of Submarine, any existing Hadoop committers --
who are willing to contribute -- can ask to be included in the initial
committer list without any additional constraints. (Edit the wiki, or
send an email to this thread or to me). Thanks for Vinod to suggesting
this approach. (for Submarine at that time)

Next steps:

  * After this discussion thread (in case of consensus) a new VOTE
thread will be started about the proposal (*-[hidden email])

  * In case VOTE is passed, the proposal will be sent to the Apache
Board to be discussed.

Please help to make the proposal better,

Thanks a lot,
Marton

[1].
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r298eba8abecc210abd952f040b0c4f07eccc62dcdc49429c1b8f4ba9%40%3Chdfs-dev.hadoop.apache.org%3E

Re: [DISCUSS] Ozone TLP proposal

Masatake Iwasaki
Hi Elek,

>   2. Following the path of Submarine, any existing Hadoop committers -- who are willing to contribute -- can ask to be included in the initial committer list without any additional constraints. (Edit the wiki, or send an email to this thread or to me). Thanks for Vinod to suggesting this approach. (for Submarine at that time)

Since I'm willing to contribute, I added my name to the wiki.

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

On 2020/09/07 21:04, Elek, Marton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Hadoop community earlier decided to move out Ozone sub-project to a separated Apache Top Level Project (TLP). [1]
>
> For detailed history and motivation, please check the previous thread ([1])
>
> Ozone community discussed and agreed on the initial version of the project proposal, and now it's time to discuss it with the full Hadoop community.
>
> The current version is available at the Hadoop wiki:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Hadoop+subproject+to+Apache+TLP+proposal
>

>   1. Please read it. You can suggest any modifications or topics to cover (here or in the comments)
>
>   2. Following the path of Submarine, any existing Hadoop committers -- who are willing to contribute -- can ask to be included in the initial committer list without any additional constraints. (Edit the wiki, or send an email to this thread or to me). Thanks for Vinod to suggesting this approach. (for Submarine at that time)
>

> Next steps:
>
>   * After this discussion thread (in case of consensus) a new VOTE thread will be started about the proposal (*-[hidden email])
>
>   * In case VOTE is passed, the proposal will be sent to the Apache Board to be discussed.
>

> Please help to make the proposal better,
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Marton
>

> [1]. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r298eba8abecc210abd952f040b0c4f07eccc62dcdc49429c1b8f4ba9%40%3Chdfs-dev.hadoop.apache.org%3E

Re: [DISCUSS] Ozone TLP proposal

Marton, Elek-2
Thank you all the feedback and update.

If there is no more comments, I will start the vote on Thursday.

Thanks,
Marton

On 9/7/20 2:04 PM, Elek, Marton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Hadoop community earlier decided to move out Ozone sub-project to a
> separated Apache Top Level Project (TLP). [1]
>
> For detailed history and motivation, please check the previous thread ([1])
>
> Ozone community discussed and agreed on the initial version of the
> project proposal, and now it's time to discuss it with the full Hadoop
> community.
>
> The current version is available at the Hadoop wiki:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Hadoop+subproject+to+Apache+TLP+proposal
>

>   1. Please read it. You can suggest any modifications or topics to
> cover (here or in the comments)
>
>   2. Following the path of Submarine, any existing Hadoop committers --
> who are willing to contribute -- can ask to be included in the initial
> committer list without any additional constraints. (Edit the wiki, or
> send an email to this thread or to me). Thanks for Vinod to suggesting
> this approach. (for Submarine at that time)
>

> Next steps:
>
>   * After this discussion thread (in case of consensus) a new VOTE
> thread will be started about the proposal (*-[hidden email])
>
>   * In case VOTE is passed, the proposal will be sent to the Apache
> Board to be discussed.
>

> Please help to make the proposal better,
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Marton
>

> [1].
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r298eba8abecc210abd952f040b0c4f07eccc62dcdc49429c1b8f4ba9%40%3Chdfs-dev.hadoop.apache.org%3E

Re: [DISCUSS] Ozone TLP proposal

Hui Fei
Hi Elek,

> 2. Following the path of Submarine, any existing Hadoop committers --
who are willing to contribute -- can ask to be included in the initial
committer list without any additional constraints. (Edit the wiki, or
send an email to this thread or to me). Thanks for Vinod to suggesting
this approach. (for Submarine at that time)

Since I'm doing some work on ozone in the near and willing to contribute,
please add my name to the wiki.

Thanks
Fei Hui

Elek, Marton <[hidden email]> 于2020年9月7日周一 下午8:04写道: