[DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

David Meikle
Hi All,

We have got some new features and bugs fixed with a couple of outstanding binary compatibility ones (TIKA-962, TIKA-963) fixed on trunk, so I was wondering if it was time for a 1.3 release?

Also, happy to do the Release Management for it.

Cheers,
Dave

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

Michael McCandless-2
+1 for a 1.3 release!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Dave Meikle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have got some new features and bugs fixed with a couple of outstanding binary compatibility ones (TIKA-962, TIKA-963) fixed on trunk, so I was wondering if it was time for a 1.3 release?
>
> Also, happy to do the Release Management for it.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

Ryan McKinley
+1 for a release

but would be great if someone wanted to take a look at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1012

and maybe:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1013
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1014

thanks
ryan

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Michael McCandless <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for a 1.3 release!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Dave Meikle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have got some new features and bugs fixed with a couple of
> outstanding binary compatibility ones (TIKA-962, TIKA-963) fixed on trunk,
> so I was wondering if it was time for a 1.3 release?
> >
> > Also, happy to do the Release Management for it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dave

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

Mattmann, Chris A (3010)
Agreed +1 from me.

Dave, I think it would be great for you to rock the release too. Any help
I can provide I'd be happy to!

Here's the last Tika 1.2 release ANNOUNCE email for pointers:

http://s.apache.org/UEA

Cheers,
Chris

On 1/8/13 5:21 PM, "Michael McCandless" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>+1 for a 1.3 release!
>
>Mike McCandless
>
>http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>
>On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Dave Meikle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We have got some new features and bugs fixed with a couple of
>>outstanding binary compatibility ones (TIKA-962, TIKA-963) fixed on
>>trunk, so I was wondering if it was time for a 1.3 release?
>>
>> Also, happy to do the Release Management for it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dave

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

Ray Gauss II-2
The code for TIKA-775 [1] is on trunk but it was re-opened with some concerns, some of which were addressed and some of which are still open discussions, though I think minor enough to create separate issues if need be and resolve TIKA-775 as fixed.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-775

On Jan 8, 2013, at 4:56 PM, Dave Meikle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have got some new features and bugs fixed with a couple of outstanding binary compatibility ones (TIKA-962, TIKA-963) fixed on trunk, so I was wondering if it was time for a 1.3 release?
>
> Also, happy to do the Release Management for it.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

Jukka Zitting

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Dave Meikle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have got some new features and bugs fixed with a couple of outstanding
> binary compatibility

ones (TIKA-962, TIKA-963) fixed on trunk, so I was wondering if it was time
> for a 1.3 release?

+1 It's high time for us to release again!

Re: binary compatibility; Before cutting the release it would be a good
idea to update the clirr plugin configuration to use Tika 1.2 instead of
1.0 when checking for binary compatibility.

Also, happy to do the Release Management for it.

Great!

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

Nick Burch-2
On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Re: binary compatibility; Before cutting the release it would be a good
> idea to update the clirr plugin configuration to use Tika 1.2 instead of
> 1.0 when checking for binary compatibility.

Can we ask clirr to check both versions? Ideally we need to continue
checking against 1.0, as any major deviation from that needs a major
version number bump, but we also want to check for interrim stuff

(That said, a few key classes have clirr ignores on them, because of valid
changes that clirr over-reacts on, so it won't be able to catch
everything)

Nick

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

Jukka Zitting

We're planning to cut Jackrabbit 2.6 by the end of the month. It would
be great if we could have Tika 1.3 out by then (say sometime next
week), so we could ship it with the new Jackrabbit release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

Mattmann, Chris A (3010)
Hey Jukka,

I'll roll an RC #1 for 1.3 by the week-end if that works for everyone.
Dave, I know you mentioned you wanted to give it a go. If you do that's
fine too. Just saying I have time to do it if you'd like.

To start, I've created a 1.4 version in JIRA and moved all unresolved 1.3s
to 1.4.

So, step 1 is done :)

If I don't hear objections over the next 24 hours, I'll go ahead and start
the 1.3 RC #1 process.

Cheers,
Chris

On 1/17/13 4:31 AM, "Jukka Zitting" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We're planning to cut Jackrabbit 2.6 by the end of the month. It would
>be great if we could have Tika 1.3 out by then (say sometime next
>week), so we could ship it with the new Jackrabbit release.
>
>BR,
>
>Jukka Zitting

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

David Meikle
Hi Chris,

On 17 Jan 2013, at 15:31, "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll roll an RC #1 for 1.3 by the week-end if that works for everyone.
> Dave, I know you mentioned you wanted to give it a go. If you do that's
> fine too. Just saying I have time to do it if you'd like.

Just back from a business trip.  Was going to do this over the weekend but it is fine by me if you've got time before then.

Cheers,
Dave

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Candidate for 1.3?

Mattmann, Chris A (3010)
Hey Dave,

No worries! There is more value in getting more people doing this. So all
yours this weekend! :)

If you need any help let me know.

Cheers,
Chris