Decrease warmupTime

Cheng Zhang
First, I'm new Solr.

I have setup a Solr server and added some documents into it. I noticed that as I added more and more docs, the warmupTime became longer and longer. After added 400K docs, I can see the warmupTime is now about 1 minutes. Here is one log entry:

queryResultCache{lookups=0,hits=0,hitratio=0.00,inserts=6,evictions=0,size=6,warmupTime=56687,cumulative_lookups=2,
cumulative_hits=0,cumulative_hitratio=0.00,cumulative_inserts=2,cumulative_evictions=0}

If I try to insert more docs before warmupTime ends, I will get exception.

Is there any way to decrease this warmupTime?

Thanks a lot,
Kevin

Re: Decrease warmupTime

Yonik Seeley
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Cheng Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any way to decrease this warmupTime?

Go into solrconfig.xml and reduce (or eliminate) the autowarm counts
for the caches.

Re: Decrease warmupTime

Cheng Zhang
Hi Yonik,

I just changed the autowarmCount for queryResultCache but it did not work. In the log, it still shows warmupTime for autowarmCount is about 45 seconds.

      queryResultCache{lookups=0,hits=0,hitratio=0.00,inserts=6,evictions=0,size=6,warmupTime=44055,cumulative_lookups=1,cumulative_hits=0,cumulative_hitratio=0.00,cumulative_inserts=1,cumulative_evictions=0}

Any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot,
Kevin

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Cheng Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any way to decrease this warmupTime?

Go into solrconfig.xml and reduce (or eliminate) the autowarm counts
for the caches.

Re: Decrease warmupTime

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Have you restarted Solr after you made the change?
Can you paste your query result cache config?

Otis

________________________________

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Cheng Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any way to decrease this warmupTime?

Go into solrconfig.xml and reduce (or eliminate) the autowarm counts
for the caches.

Re: Decrease warmupTime

Cheng Zhang
I did restart the solr server. Here is the config.

    <filterCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="512"
      initialSize="512"
      autowarmCount="128"/>

   <!-- queryResultCache caches results of searches - ordered lists of
         document ids (DocList) based on a query, a sort, and the range
         of documents requested.  -->
    <queryResultCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="512"
      initialSize="512"
      autowarmCount="0"/>

  <!-- documentCache caches Lucene Document objects (the stored fields for each document).
       Since Lucene internal document ids are transient, this cache will not be autowarmed.  -->
    <documentCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="512"
      initialSize="512"
      autowarmCount="0"/>

Thx.

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Cheng Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any way to decrease this warmupTime?

Go into solrconfig.xml and reduce (or eliminate) the autowarm counts
for the caches.

Re: Decrease warmupTime

Cheng Zhang
Otis,

I did restart the solr server but it may not be enough. I just deleted the tomcat work directory and it works now. No warming anymore. Thanks a lot for your information.

-Kevin

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Cheng Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any way to decrease this warmupTime?

Go into solrconfig.xml and reduce (or eliminate) the autowarm counts
for the caches.

Re: Decrease warmupTime

Yonik Seeley-2-2
On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 1:47 AM, Cheng Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I did restart the solr server. Here is the config.
>
>    <filterCache
>      class="solr.LRUCache"
>      size="512"
>      initialSize="512"
>      autowarmCount="128"/>

This may still be taking too much time (and may not be needed, esp
with the current faceting implementation in 1.4-dev which uses the
filterCache less).

Do you have static warming queries (newSearcher section of solrconfig.xml)?

-Yoni

Re: Decrease warmupTime

stockii
i fighting with the same problem but with jetty.

its in this case necessary to delete also the jetty work-DIR ???