Discovering Slaves

wojtekpia
Is there a way to 'discover' slaves using ReplicationHandler? I'm writing a quick dashboard, and don't have access to a list of slaves, but would like to show some stats about their health.

Re: Discovering Slaves

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:23 AM, wojtekpia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to 'discover' slaves using ReplicationHandler? I'm writing a
> quick dashboard, and don't have access to a list of slaves, but would like
> to show some stats about their health.

No, the master does not know about any slave. However, the slave does know
about the master and the "details" command on slave will show master's
information as well.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Discovering Slaves

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
After ZooKeeper is integrated (1.5?) there will be a way to get info about all nodes in your cluster including their roles, status etc. Perhaps you want to coordinate your dashboard effort with this version, although still very early in development? See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud

--
Jan Høydahl  - search architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com