Dismax, explicit phrase queries not on qf

Dismax, explicit phrase queries not on qf

Markus Jelsma-2
Hi,

With (e)dismax explicit phrase queries are executed on the qf fields. The qf field, however, may contain field(s) we don't want a phrase query for. How can we tell the dismax query parser to only do phrase queries (explicit or not) on the fields listed in the pf parameter.

Thanks
Markus

Re: Dismax, explicit phrase queries not on qf

Jack Krupansky-2
The "pf" fields are used for implicit phrase queries to do "implicit phrase
proximity boosting" and don't relate at all to explicit phrase queries. I
don't think there is any way to control the fields for explicit phrase
queries separate from non-phrase term queries.

-- Jack Krupansky