DocNumber at a plugin parser

ocramp
Hi Everybody,

 Do you know a way to get a unic number starting from 0 and growing while
parsing at a parse plugin?
 For example, parse-mp3 knowing wich number does
http://www.websitegoingtobefetched.com/mp3file.mp3 represents on the index.
 It seens that the field docNo is generate while indexing so it wouldn't be
accessible while fetching,parsing.

 Another example would be a parse-image wich would generate a thumbnail
named ID.JPG knowing the ID.
 I have tryied a dirty thing with mysql creating a table with auto increment
and the url (sorry) but got Too many connections. Also I could try write to
a file id.txt with the last id on it, but maybe would get Too many open
files...

 Thanks for your attention.

Marco